Monday, January 9, 2012

It's Spring!

Okay, so it's not spring...even though it sure does feel like it, given that it's been in the 50's-60's here. That'll be changing on friday, when we'll dip down into the teens and lower, but for now, I'm not complaining, since it let me get some bulbs in the ground.

http://www.dutchbulbs.com was (is?) having a "buy one get two free" sale, so I ended up with about 200 bulbs, all of wich were staring at me, saying "put me in the ground, damnit!"

Daylily mix
There were some mixed daylilies.

Muscari
And a bunch of muscari....some of my favorites.

Daffodil mix
Daffodils for the field in front of the house. There's a bunch of the regular ones there already, so it'll be nice to have some variety.


Replete
And some twice-blooming, double-pink Replete daffodils.

Elodie
And some double asiatic lilies.

Now it needs to be spring. For realz.

In other news, after our NYE onslaught of guests, I managed to get my studio space cleaned up, and **GASP** even painted a bit the other night! Fixing to head in there and finish up a few pieces, and get a few more prepped for the future, since we'll be home until March (yay!) and I'll actually have time to work on stuff before we head to Phoenix.

No comments:

Post a Comment