Sunday, May 13, 2012

Uh Oh, Four Oh

It's true. As of midnight last night, I've officially become an adult. Or something.

Funny, I don't feel that different. I mean, my knees started popping last year, my hip aching the year before, so....

Anyways, this is what I looked like last week, during the middle of our annual gathering, which is quite similar to what I look like today. Actually, it's exactly what I look like today.

Having a pretty quiet birthday, as Charlie just finished up a 30-hour flight from Mumbai yesterday, and he's a little pooped out, shall we say.  Apparently I'm not the only one who isn't as young as they used to be. There's going to be a mid-week movie/dinner date, but that's about it as far as celebrations go.

But who needs celebrations when you get a personal shout-out from Loretta Jenkins herself? Seriously, you should watch it. Even without the shout-out, it's worth seeing. Seriously.

Or when you get nifty gifts in the mail from the one and only Jen Worden... the photo doesn't do it justice, I have to say.



In other news, been working on the new bug paintings, as well as the "But is it Art" series... They're up there, above. Obviously. Apparently, in my dotage, I keep forgetting to insert photos *before* typing.



Well hmn...

I'd thought I was going to do a big ol' birthday post, but my energy is waning rapidly. That could be the effects of the vast quantities of peach cobbler consumed earlier wearing off finally. Or setting in. Depends how you look at it, I suppose.

Anyhoo, it's been good, it's been real... here's to 40!

Oh, but look! First Passionflower bloom of the year!

I need to get some more color into this part of the garden. While it's lush and full, it all kind of blends into a giant green blob.


Okay, now I'm done.

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to you Judah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 40!
    You will survive it, I am sure. Wait till 50, then you can moan.

    ReplyDelete